Kindred Character CreationEdit
- Character Name
- Clan (These Clans/Bloodlines are not allowed unless explicit permission is given by a Storyteller: Baali, Blood Brothers, Daughters of Cacaophony, Gargoyles, Harbrinngers of Skulls, Kiasyd, Nagaraja, Salubri, Samedi, True Brujah, Ahrimanes, Anda, Cappadocian, Children of Osirus, Lamia, Lhiannan, Noiad.)
- Archetypes - (Nature and Demeanor)
- Generation - (As dictated by the Generation Background. Generation 13 by default. Nothing Lower than 8th Generation unless pre-approved by the Vampire Storyteller -Further Note on that. Should your character be embraced IC'LY resulting in a lower generation than 8th that is fine. Maximum of 3 8th Generation characters per Mun allowed. Storytellers may or may not have more than that amount due to Storyline purposes)
Prioritize the three categories: Physical, Social, Mental. (7/5/3) (These stats start at 1.) (Anything Over 4 must be discussed with the ST prior to sending in a character sheet)
Prioritize the three categories: Talents, Skills, Knowledges. (13/9/5) (These stats start at 0 and cannot exceed 3 before Freebies are spent.) (Anything Over 4 must be discussed with the ST prior to sending in a character sheet)
† - Experienced characters receive up to 3 free dots in applicable lores to represent what they've learned. These correspond to character type and may include general Kindred lore, specific Sect lore, or specific Clan lore.
- Backgrounds† (5) (The following Backgrounds over this limit are required to be discussed with an ST: Influence over 2, Fame over 4, Resources over 4, Domain over 4, Status over 4, ANY points in the Age Background, Blackhand Membership - Only by explicit ST approval).
- Disciplines (3) - (Sabbat Characters recieve 4 points to distribute to Disciplines)
- Virtues† (7) - (Courage, Conscience, Self-Control; Each of these begin with 1 dot automatically)
† - Characters that start with a Morality Path other than Humanity replace the Virtues of Conscience and Self-Control according to the Path they choose. These alternate virtues, unless stated otherwise, begin at 0.
- Record Starting Willpower, Humanity/Path, Bloodpool - (Starting Willpower is equal to Courage Rating. Starting Humanity/Morality Path is Conscience + Self-Control/The virtues of that Path other than Courage. Characters start with a Bloodpool equal to their maximum Bloodpool determined by Generation, or if you want to be daring you can roll a dice to determine starting Bloodpool.)
- Select Merits - This is an optional step. Merits cost a number of Freebies equal to their listed point value.
- Select Flaws - This is an optional step. Flaws grant a number of Freebies equal to their listed point value. A character cannot gain more than 7 points from Flaws.
- The Following Merits/Flaws require ST Approval (Note: this list may be added to if need be): Former Prince, Red List, Magic Resistance, Oracular Ability, Unbondable, Destiny, Guardian Angel, Lucky, True Love, Nine Lives, True Faith, Blessed, Dark Fate, Viscisitude Modifications, Virulent Strike, Iron Will
- Spend Freebie Points (15) - A character with a written character history of sufficient length and detail receives 10 extra Freebie points to round out their sheet. Additional dots are purchased at the costs listed in the table below.
|Disciplines||7 points per dot|
|Attributes||5 points per dot.|
|Willpower†||1 point per dot.|
|Abilities||2 points per dot.|
|Backgrounds||1 point per dot.|
|Humanity||1 point per dot.|
- Determine Specialties - Attributes or Abilities 4 dots or higher must be given a specialization for the character to receive additional successes on rolled 10s.
- Record Notes - Provide additional information on freebie expenditures, Backgrounds, Merits, Flaws, and Clan Flaws.
- Write Character History - Chronicle the events that have shaped your character's life making them who they are. Cover their life pre-Embrace, and the impact that the change had on them. Detail their role in Kindred society, and cover any significant stats or Merits and Flaws found on the character sheet.
† - Willpower can never exceed 6 on a new application unless approved by a Storyteller.
† †Also would like to mention, please stick to your clan disciplines. If you're a Malkavian I do not want to see you running around with Thaumaturgy without a damn good reason. Protean, Thaumaturgy, Obtenebration, Dementation, Chimerstry are all obvious clan disciplines and upon character creation no clan, not meant to have such disciplines, should have them. Now that is not to say you can't learn something like that IC if you find a PC willing to teach you.
Obvious Clan Disciplines include: Thaumaturgy, Necromancy, Obtenebration, Viscisitude, Dementation, Chimerstry, Quietus, Serpentis, Koldunic Sorcery
Physical Disciplines like Fortitude, Potence, Celerity are fine to be used cross clan, as well as the normal disciplines like Presence, Dominate, Auspex and such† †
† †These lists are subject to addition or change as the chronicle progresses.† †
This category has only the following subcategory.
- [×] VtM (1 P)